The Law Of The Seed
Take a look at an apple tree. There might be five
hundred apples on the tree, but each apple has just
ten seeds. That's a lot of seeds!
We might ask, "Why would you need so many seeds
to grow just a few more apple trees?"
Nature has something to teach us here.
It's telling us, "Not all seeds grow. In life,
most seeds never grow. So if you really want to
make something happen, you better try more than
This might mean:
1. You'll attend twenty interviews to get one job.
2. You'll interview forty people to find one good
3. You'll talk to fifty people to sell one house,
one car, one vacuum cleaner, one insurance policy
or a business idea.
4. And you might meet a hundred acquaintances just
to find one special friend.
When we understand the "Law of the Seed",
we don't get so disappointed. We stop feeling like
victims. We learn how to deal with things that happen
to us. Laws of nature are not things to take personally.
We just need to understand them and work with them.
In a nutshell, successful people fail more often.
However, they plant more seeds.
When things are beyond your control, here's something
that you must Not Do so as to avoid misery in your
- You must not decide how you think the world Should
- You must not make rules for how everyone Should
- You must not get angry when the world doesn't
obey your rules.
- You must not become miserable if things don’t
turn out the way you expect it to.
On the other hand, let's say you expect that:
- Friends Should return favours.
- People Should appreciate you.
- Planes Should arrive on time.
- Everyone Should be honest.
- Your husband or best friend Should remember your
These expectations may sound reasonable. But often,
these things won't happen!
- So you end up frustrated and disappointed.
- There's a better strategy. Demand less and instead,
- For things that are beyond your control, tell
yourself, "I would prefer "A", but
if "B" happens, it's Ok too!"
This is really a change in mindset. It is a shift
in attitude, and it gives you more peace of mind.
You prefer that people that are polite but when
they are rude, it doesn't ruin your day. You prefer
sunshine but if it rains, it is ok too!
To become happier, we either need to change the
world or change our thinking. It is easier to change
In summary it is not the problem that is the issue,
but rather it is your attitude attending to the
problem that is the problem.
It's not what happens to you that determine your
happiness. It's how you think about what happens
Tell your friends
about this page!
Html code for
the code to link to Romance Quote!